The Golden Rule
- The Golden Rule is an intense, residential treatment facility for women who suffer from alcohol or drug addiction.
- Over the past 12 years, there have been 202 graduates of the program.
- The Golden Rule was founded in 1996 by Norman and Jane Carter.
- Some of the women have experienced non-violent legal problems because of their addiction. Some women have experienced custody battles for their children. Some women have been to prison. Others did not finish high school. Any woman who has a genuine desire for sobriety will find the treatment she requires for a brand new life at The Golden Rule.
- Located in western Taylor County, Georgia, The Golden Rule sits on 30 acres of land in a rural setting. There is a capacity for 46 women. Thirty-one (31) beds are located in the treatment program and fifteen (15) beds in the halfway house program.
- The program also provides academic education and job preparedness skills
- The program provides the following groups on the following topics to assist their residents:
- Parenting education groups
- GED Preparation/Adult education
For more information or to donate contact Golden Rule at (478) 862-5825.